Kanungu is a village in southwest Uganda, near the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Kanungu Humanist Primary School previously received funds for food and a community garden from the Brighter Brains Institute (BBI).
Kanungu Women Empowerment Centre (KAWEC) has the following members.
1. Komugyisha Gaudensia
2. Komugyisha Brasidiya
3. Beinenama Claudia
4. Abiya Tumwebaze
5. Eva’s Tugumisirize
6. Annah Tumusiime
7. Eva’s Twesiigye
8. Evelyn Musanyuse
9. Rests Muhereza
10. Allen Tukamuhebwa
11. Onesta Ndorere
12. Jolly Nyeheireyo
13. Annet Andinda
14. Medias Tumwebaze
15. Hildah Friday
16. Easter Gonzaga
17. Levinah Tumusiime
18. Asiimwe Rosemery
19. Varaly Kyakatita
20. Sarah Birungyi
21. Frank Kamusiime
22. Saadu Tukamushaba
23. Mediums Kyomuhendo
24. Agatha Bakarweha
Their main occupation is farming.
The name of their director is Obvious Atwongyere. Her email address is email@example.com
The goals of the women’s group are:
- To establish a clinic.
- Supporting small businesses (microfinance) to improve their livelihood.
- To end domestic violence, which is common in Kanungu.
- Tailoring machines to make hand crafts like baskets that can sold in order to earn income.
- Seeds, pesticides, fertilizer, tools for agriculture.
- Making modern cookstoves to reduce usage of firewood
OUR GIFTS INCLUDE:
- $90 -- Salaries for Directors
- $1,800 - Money for Microfinance Investments